Friday, October 17, 2008

Thanks for nothing Edmonton Oilers organization.


On Sunday, I was following the Oilers blogging on Covered in Oil and Lowetide. During the intermission, the live-blog that Pleasure Motors had been doing disappeared. In other comments threads we joked about him getting in trouble for writing about the game from the press-box. We didn't know that was actually the truth.

If you haven't already, read his account of the evening.

This is disappointing on so many levels.

As a member of the media, I am not surprised by their actions because it happens all too often.
As an oilers blogger, I am hurt that the support the oilogosphere generates seems to be ignored.
As a huge fan of the team, I am angry that they would treat such an equally huge supporter so poorly.
And as a human being, I am saddened that they feel they need to censor us.

I mentioned it in the comments over at CIO, but I'm hoping for your suggestions here. How can we spread the word about this? Should we do a blog blackout? And turn the blogs off for a week? Should we ban Oilers Nation until they abide by the same rules? Should we spam the Oilers website?

Ideas please...

For those being linked here from other blogs, here is the newest post.

No comments:

Post a Comment